FAQs on UWSB Kolkata
If you are looking for a business school to pursue a BBA or MBA course, you can consider IQ City United World School of Business (IQ City UWSB), Kolkata. It is one of the reputed business schools in Kolkata. If you wish to know more about UWSB Kolkata, here are some FAQs and their answers that you will find helpful:
Question 1: What courses does UWSB Kolkata offer? We, at UWSB Kolkata, offer two courses:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA): Our MBA programme prepares you to excel in the business and corporate world. It is a 2-year programme consisting of 4 semesters and 2 months of industry internship with added modules on public speaking, networking skills, leadership and MS office skills.
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA): Our BBA programme aims at providing you with a strong foundation to pursue higher education in management or to enter the corporate world. It is a 3-year programme designed to equip you with fundamental knowledge of management and business principles.
Question 2: How are the faculty members at UWSB Kolkata?
Faculty members at UWSB Kolkata are highly-qualified and experienced. Also, they are from prestigious educational institutes such as IIM Kolkata, IIT Delhi, National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Jadavpur University and New Mexico State University.
Question 3: To which university is UWSB Kolkata affiliated?
The UWSB Kolkata is affiliated under regular mode with Vidyasagar University, Midnapore, West Bengal. We provide world-class management education to groom you to be a global manager.
Question 4: What is the eligibility criteria to study at UWSB Kolkata?
The eligibility criteria for the BBA course at UWSB Kolkata are:
- You have to complete 10+2 from any recognised board.
- Those waiting for the class 12th final result can also apply.
The eligibility criteria for the MBA course at UWSB Kolkata are:
- If you are a graduate in any discipline from a recognised university.
- Or, if you are in the final year of graduation.
To apply to UWSB Kolkata, fill up the prescribed form and submit to us along with your scorecard and admit cards of CMAT / CAT /MAT / ATMA / XAT or any other national level entrance test.
Question 5: Why study at UWSB Kolkata?
Here are some reasons to study at UWSB:
- UWSB Kolkata offers industry-aligned BBA and MBA courses that make you job-ready. The academic pedagogy that we follow is career-focused and goal-oriented.
- We have a state-of-the-art campus with a corporate ambience. We have a smart classroom, centralised library, computer labs and indoor games room.
- Through regular industry visits and CEO lectures, you will get practical exposure.
Question 6: Is the BBA and MBA curriculum offered at UWSB industry oriented?
At UWSB Kolkata, we believe that an industry-oriented curriculum is essential for preparing you for successful careers. Our curriculum is designed to give you the skills and knowledge that you need to succeed in today’s competitive job market.
To give you practical exposure, we organise:
- Live projects: Several live projects are encouraged all throughout the year. Leading FMCG and retail brands offer live projects to students ranging from 1 week to 1 month.
- Summer internship: A 2 months internship is a mandatory part of the course. Most companies that come for the final placement are our summer internship’s regular recruiters.
- Industry institute interface programme: Industry experts are invited to the campus so that they can share their knowledge and experience. with students.
Question 7: How’s United World Kolkata placement?
The United World Kolkata placement records are quite promising. Over 150 companies visit the campus. Many companies such as Nestle, Reckitt Benckiser, Colgate, ITC Ltd, Parle, Emami Agrotech and Keventer are among key recruiters. For more information about our BBA/MBA courses, mail us at email@example.com or call 09163850000, +91 9163165000.