FAQs on MBA course admission
For many of you, an MBA course may be the logical step to advancing your career to the next level. There are numerous benefits of pursuing an MBA programme. With an MBA degree, you can gain in-depth knowledge and new skills. If you are searching on the internet with the phrases such as “admission MBA course near me” or “MBA course admission in Kolkata”, here are some tips for you on MBA course admission:
Question: 1 What is the difference between MBA and PGDM?
- MBA: An MBA is one of the most popular management degrees. It gives you a holistic view of the business across areas such as marketing finance, and accounting. It is taught in University Grants Commission (UGC) affiliated colleges and universities. It is an extensive course spread over two years.
- Post Graduate Diploma in Management (PGDM): It is a diploma course. It is more suited for working professionals as it is a one-year course that is designed to boost their careers.
Note: If you want to pursue a Ph.D. course, you need to have an MBA degree in hand.
Question: 2 What is the eligibility criteria for MBA course admission?
To get MBA course admission in the IQ City United World School of Business (IQ City UWSB), you have to fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- You must be a graduate from a recognised college or university.
- If you are in the final year of your graduation, you can also apply for an MBA course.
- You have to fill up the prescribed application form and submit it to the IQ City UWSB along with your scorecards and admit cards of the CMAT / CAT / XAT / MAT / ATMA entrance tests.
Question: 3 Can MBA be done after the 12th class?
No, an MBA is a postgraduate degree programme that cannot be done after class 12.
Question: 4 Do I need any work experience to apply for an MBA?
You do not need any prior work experience to apply for an MBA course at IQ City UWSB .
Question: 5 What is the best specialisation in MBA?
Deciding on pursuing a specialisation in an MBA programme completely depends on your personal aspiration and interest. By specialising in the MBA programme, you can build strong skills and knowledge in specific areas.
At IQ City UWSB, we offer various specialisations in the MBA course, such as:
- Data analytics
- Digital marketing
- Human resource management
6. What is the scope of an MBA? MBA graduates are in demand in India and abroad. Having an MBA degree can open doors to many sectors, such as:
- Investment banking
- Banking and finance
- Private equity
- Data analytics
- Management consulting
7. Why pursue an MBA course from IQ City UWSB Kolkata?
At IQ City UWSB, we have highly-experienced and qualified faculty for the MBA course. Our faculty members are from reputed educational institutes such as Delhi School of Economics, IIM Calcutta, Indian Statistical Institute (ISI) Kolkata and New Mexico State University. With our industry interface through CEO lectures and technology-driven classroom lectures, we make you ready for the marketplace challenges. We focus on experiential learning rather than theoretical learning. We also have an entrepreneurship incubation centre that offers adequate knowledge and guidance that students need in starting their businesses.
Are you looking for an MBA course admission?
At IQ City UWSB, we offer a 2-year MBA course and a 3-year BBA course. We were ranked 5th by Times of India in the ‘Top 10 private B-schools of West Bengal, 2022’ category. For more information about MBA course admission mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +91 9163850000, +91 9163165000.