INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (ICMSS, 2022)
Date :- December 09, 2022
Theme : Indian Business @75: Past, Present and Future
IQ CITY UNITED WORLD SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
In collaboration with
Department of Business Administration, Vidyasagar University,
Midnapore, West Bengal, India.
About IQ City United World School of Business
IQ City United World School of Business, Kolkata, a premier Business School located in Salt Lake Sec V, was ranked 5th in the city by Times of India in 2021. It offers Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Business Administration programmes in affiliation to Vidyasagar University, Midnapore. Students from over 10 states have graduated from the Institute since its inception in 2009. Over 150 companies have recruited from the institute through campus placements.
The faculty team has a combination of academic excellence and industry experience that is tuned to global changes. The team comprises teachers who have been trained in leading educational institutions in the country and have published numerous research papers.
About Vidyasagar University
Vidyasagar University, named after one of the most illustrious sons of Bengal as well as one of the doyens of Indian Renaissance, Pandit Iswar Chandra Vidyasagar, has grown out of a long cultural and educational movement in West Bengal in general and in the undivided district of Midnapore in particular.
The U.G.C. accorded recognition to the University in terms of Section 12B of the U.G.C. Act, on 1st March 1990.The University presently houses 27 PG departments, 13 in Humanities and 14 in Science while 46 undergraduate colleges apart from 11 courses in yet 11 other colleges / institutes are affiliated to it. Fourteen vocational subjects and six other specialized courses are also offered at the UG level. The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) awarded Vidyasagar University with a B++ status.
About the Department
With the advancement of technology and rapid changes of business models across the globe, the requirement of management professional is sky rocketing. To mitigate the needs of human capital in the organization, the University introduced AICTE approved full-time MBA program in the year 2006 for initial nourishment with the Department of Commerce.
The department at present offers MBA program having three major specializations in the domain of Finance, Marketing and Human Resource Management in dual specialization mode. Apart from that the department has introduced Ph.D. programme in management since 2012 to nurture the talents of young scholars in the domain of management. The department has dynamic, energetic and committed faculties of academic and professional eminence. The faculty members authored various text and research books in the galaxy of management from reputed publishing house like Springer, Emerald, Taylor & Francis, Sage, Himalaya, etc. and also published research articles from various renowned publishing house like Springer, Taylor & Francis, Emerald, Wiley-Blackwell, SAGE, Palgrave MacMillan, Inderscience, IOS, etc.
At present, the department intakes 60 students from various disciplines through CAT, CMAT, JEMAT, etc. This program encourages students to become creative and innovative so that they can also start their own start-ups. The department also conducts national and international seminars to provide academic forum for the exchange of various ideas and information in order to understand the advancement of management thoughts and practices.
About the Conference
The Indian economy is at a crossroad. The 75-year journey has created the economic infrastructure for a take-off to a new trajectory. Indian businesses are going global and Indian consumers are getting exposed to global products. Revolutionary changes in technological, cultural, political and social behavior of Indians have made companies rethink the ways of conducting business and managing organizations. Business models are being transformed and new paradigms of management practices are being evolved.
Information has become the new capital, leading to the emergence of new organizations, institutions and business practices. The global and national competitive scenarios have reached new heights, which makes it necessary for organizations to develop agile management practices.
At the same time, the flood of information, new business avenues and players have together brought to the fore concerns about equity, human development and regulatory challenges. Issues in sustainability, ethical business practices and social responsibility go hand in hand with profit maximization motives of businesses.
The Conference aims to deliberate the evolution of Indian business since Independence and its effect on humanity. We call for papers on Economics, Management, Sociology, Political Science and Environment Sciences throwing light on the intersection of business and society.
The Conference aims to
● Provide a platform for participants to deliberate on emerging issues in the intersection of business, management and social sciences
● Provide researchers a platform to share new research ideas and techniques
● Encourage young research scholars to present academic studies to a wide audience
● Academicians from Universities, Colleges, Management Institutes.
● Corporate professionals.
● Research scholars and postgraduate students.
Call for Abstracts/ Extended Abstracts/ Full Papers
ICMSS 2022 organizing Committee invites Industry Experts, Management Professionals and Practitioners, Academicians, Research Scholars, Students to submit their ideas, articles and research papers pertaining to the theme of the Conference. Abstracts/ Extended Abstracts/Full Papers can be submitted on the main theme or any one of the following sub-themes or related areas.
Transformation of Indian Business and Society
● Evolution of Indian Business
● Political Institutions and Business
● Social Dynamics and Business
● India in the Global Business Scenario
● Global Finance and Indian Business
● Sustainable Development Goals and Energy Economics
● Corporate Governance and Ethics
● Corporate Social Responsibility
● Formal and Informal Labor Markets
Entrepreneurship and Innovations
● Entrepreneurship during Pandemic
● Entrepreneurship Ethics
● Entrepreneurship in the MSME Sector
● Family Enterprise Management
● Grass-root innovation and social entrepreneurship
● Incubation center
● Social Entrepreneurship
● Start-up Ecosystem and Funding agencies
● Unconventional Business Models
● Women Entrepreneurship
Indian Economy and Finance
● Macroeconomic Policies and Indian Business
● Financial Innovation, Investing and Accounting for Sustainability
● Economic Social Governance (ESG) Ratings for Finance
● Behavioral Economics and Finance
● Risk Management and Credit Rating
● Accounting for Mergers and acquisitions
● Corporate financial disclosures and regulations in financial sector
● Emerging role of Fintech in financial innovation and sustainability
● Extensible Business Reporting language [XBRL]
● Financial frauds and Forensic accounting
● Financial Inclusion and Microfinance
● Financial Planning during Pandemic
● Global Accounting & challenges in IFRS
● Legal Aspects of Business
● Start–up finance
Changing Nature of Indian Markets and Consumers
● The global Consumer in India and marketing in emerging economies
● Organized and Unorganized Indian Markets
● E-Commerce and New Shopping Experience
● Convergence of Social Media and Shared Economy for Digital Marketing
● Marketing in Era of Technology Disruptions
● Big Data, Consumer Research, Marketing Intelligence and Marketing Analytics
● New Mantras of Customer Relationship Management
● Integrated Marketing Communication
● B2B Marketing
● Consumer Protection
● Cross-cultural issues in marketing
● Cult Branding – Issues and Challenges
● Ethical Issues in Marketing
● Green Marketing Initiatives
● Growth of Contactless Services
● Leveraging Marketing Gamification
● Retail Management
● Rural Marketing
Business and People
● Organizational Behavior and Psychology
● Change Management and Leadership
● Motivational Models
● Team Building
● Human Capital
● Knowledge Management
● Skill Development and career planning
● Work Life Balance and Stress Management
● Compensation Management
● Digitalization of HR Processes
● Employee Separation and Grievance Management
● Industrial Disputes and Labour Laws
● Millennials and HR transformation
● Organizational Learning and Development
● Hybrid Work Culture and Remote Working Policies and Perspectives
● Smart Workplaces
● Succession Planning
● Workforce Drivers, Equity & Inclusion
Selected research papers will be included in an edited volume published by the Institute with ISBN from a National level Publisher. The publication is subjected to the publisher’s norms. Abstracts/Extended Abstracts will also be published as Conference Proceedings.
Guidelines for Submission
Full paper not more than 6000 words (excluding tables, figures and references) or an extended abstract not more than 500 words may be submitted through e-mail to the following address.
Selected authors will be notified through e-mail after which participants will register through the following link.
- Submission of extended Abstract of the paper in Word format (not more than 500 words) with a list of keywords.
- Name, affiliation and contact details of all authors should appear on the title page
- Name of author who will correspond should be mentioned
- All references should follow APA style
- All tables and diagrams should be properly numbered
- Extended Abstracts must include the following:
- Background of the research work
- Literature Review
- Aims and objectives,
- Propositions or Hypothesis (if any)
- Research Methodology
- Analysis, Results
- Conclusions (including contribution of the study)
- Future research possibilities, and References.
- List of keywords
All submissions should be in Times New Roman, 12-point size, single-spacing, with 1 inch margin on all sides, Heading (s) must be short, with a clear indication of the distinction between the hierarchies of headings.
Note: Extended Abstract/Full Paper that does not follow the above instructions will NOT be reviewed.
Code of Ethics
The Institute encourages the publication and dissemination of results of high quality research. All submission of abstract and full paper should avoid the fabrication, falsification, plagiarism or deception in proposing, carrying out or reporting results of research and deliberate, dangerous or negligent deviations from accepted practice in carrying out research. Authors should also guard against plagiarizing the work of others.
All manuscripts will be subject to blind peer review. However, the final decision of acceptance of the papers lies with the conference organizing committee.
Presentation of paper/ extended abstract
❖ Each registered participant who attends the conference in person or in absentia will be awarded the certificate of participation.
❖ Arrangement for virtual presentation would be made.
*Only papers that are submitted by 30th October, 2022 will be considered for publication.
|Extended Abstract Submission
||25th October, 2022
|Notification for acceptance of Abstract
||27th October, 2022
|Last date of Registration
||30th October, 2022
|Last date of submission of full paper
||15 thNovember, 2022
|Last date of submission of presentation slides
||30th November, 2022
|Students & Research scholar
Payment Mode for Registration:
NEFT/ Cheque Deposit:
||IQ City United World School of Business
|Name of the Bank
|PAN Card Number
Date : 9th December, 2022
Venue: IQ City United World School of Business, Kolkata
||10.00 A.M – 11.00 A.M
||11.00 A.M – 11.30 A.M
|Technical Session 1 (Tracks 1, 2)
||11.30 A.M – 1.30 P.M
||1.30 P.M – 2.30 P.M
|Technical Session 2 (Tracks 3,4,5)
||2.30 P.M – 4.00 P.M
||4.00 P.M – 4.30 P.M
||4.30 P.M – 6.00 P.M
Prof. Sibaji Pratim Basu, Vice Chancellor, Vidyasagar University
Prof. Tapan kumar Dey, Dean, Faculty of Arts & Commerce, Vidyasagar University
Prof. Satyajit Saha, Dean, Faculty of Science, Vidyasagar University
Prof. Sangeeta Sahney, IIT Kharagpur
Prof. Prabina Rajib, IIT Kharagpur
Dr. Srabana Gupta, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Dr. Edward Funkhower, California State University, Long Beach, USA
Dr. Douglas Gegax, New Mexico State University, USA
Prof. Anil Gupta, University of Jammu
Prof. Jadab Krishna Das, Calcutta University
Dr. Ranajit Chakrabarty (Retd.), Calcutta University
Dr. Ashok Kumar Sarkar, Central University of Jharkhand
Mr. Manab Majumdar, Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
Mr. Suranjan Gupta, Executive Director, EEPC India
Dr. Rajiv Narwekar, Head, Innovation Capability Development, Group Innovation, Tata Sons
Dr. Ajitabh Ambastha, Director, Vanesha
Prof. Meenakshi Khemka, Principal, IQ City United World School of Business
Prof. Sahana Ghosh, IQ City United World School of Business
Dr. Tarak Nath Sahu, Head, Department of Business Administration, Vidyasagar University
Board of Members
Dr. Debasish Biswas, Vidyasagar University
Dr. Sudin Bag, Vidyasagar University
Dr. Dipa Banerjee, Vidyasagar University
Dr. Somarata Guha Chakraborty, IQ City United World School of Business
Tentative Inaugural Guests
Prof. Achin Chakraborty, Director, Institute of Development Studies Kolkata
Prof. Saikat Sinha Roy, Head, Department of Economics, Jadavpur University
Mr. Suranjan Gupta, Executive Director, EEPC India